Short Property Description
Full Property Description
Coodlie Park Farm Retreat is located on South Australia’s beautiful and wild Eyre Peninsula, 80 kilometres from Streaky Bay, 50 kms from Elliston and 700 kilometres west of Adelaide. Our property is a 3000-acre rural property with 2000 acres of cropping and grazing grounds and 1000 acres of native and coastal vegetation. We love “our backyard” here on South Australia’s wild and wonderful Eyre Peninsula and for the past 18 years we have called Coodlie Park home.
At Coodlie Park we offer some of the best value budget accommodation on the Eyre Peninsula and it is all served up with a genuine love of customer service and making their time with us a happy one. You will find a wide range of excellent value accommodation options set among our picturesque and peaceful property. From sleeping under the stars in our swag huts nestled among the bush, to the comfort of a bed in our self-contained cottages. We love our piece of paradise and love nothing more than sharing it with people from all walks of life, giving them a comfy outback experience they’ll remember forever. And hopefully more than once!
Sharing our piece of paradise with travellers from all over the world is our absolute passion!
Organic/Biological methods we use
Environmental sustainability for us, is a way of life. We have been planting trees on our property for the last 18 years, long before it became fashionable to use it as a business ethic. We are whole heartedly committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are conscious of the impact our businesses have on the environment and in 2001 developed an Environmental Program which has seen us become the only company in Australia that offsets its carbon footprint internally.
Some of our environmental practices include
– 100% carbon neutral business
– Eco Tourism Australia Accredited
– Native seed collection – seeds are collected from our property prepared and then direct seeded back onto the property. On our property in 2016 we direct seeded 500 acres of native trees and bushland.
– Plant 1.2 hectares of native vegetation on our property each year with one third of the property being set aside for environmental rehabilitation
– Climate action certified as a ‘Climate Change Innovator’
– We spend over $10, 000 annually on our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
– In addition we contribute $15, 000 annually with in-kind labour
-We have invested $40, 000 in rainwater tanks and plumbing over the past 10 years
– We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
– We have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this with our guests.