Short Property Description
Environmental sustainability is deeply engrained into our culture and we are certified members of World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. We love to welcome international and domestic travellers who share a responsible travel passion to our property as volunteers, giving them the opportunity to experience life on an outback farm while they offset their own travel footprint. What Do You do for us? About 6 hours volunteering a day during a range of things from tree planting, native seed collection, stone wall preservation, fencing, general farm chores, painting, gardening, cleaning and maintenance. On arrival we sit down with you and work out what interests, ideas and passions you have so we can map out a plan of action. We want everyone to leave having had a super positive experience as a volunteer at Coodlie Park Farm Retreat. What do I get in return? A new Aussie family that wants you to have an amazing experience – Private room accommodation with shared facilities – Food – 3 home cooked meals a day and the rest – Learn about the Eyre Peninsula and Australia – Good karma – The amazing experience of living and working on real Aussie outback farm with access to a private beach and abundant native wildlife – Meet lots of other traveller’s who are stopping through on our Nullarbor Traveller adventure tours. As all our tours from Perth and Adelaide stop at Coodlie Park we’d recommend to jump on a tour, get off at Coodlie Park for then jump back on and finish the tour when you’re ready! Check out one of our past Volunteers blogs and get in touch if you think this is up your alley!
Organic/Biological methods we use
Environmental sustainability for us, is a way of life. We have been planting trees on our property for the last 18 years, long before it became fashionable to use it as a business ethic.
We are whole heartedly committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are conscious of the impact our businesses have on the environment and in 2001 developed an Environmental Program which has seen us become the only company in Australia that offsets its carbon footprint internally.
Some of our environmental practices include
– 100% carbon neutral business
– Eco Tourism Australia Accredited
– Native seed collection – seeds are collected from our property prepared and then direct seeded back onto the property. On our property in 2016 we direct seeded 500 acres of native trees and bushland.
– Plant 1.2 hectares of native vegetation on our property each year with one third of the property being set aside for environmental rehabilitation
– Climate action certified as a ‘Climate Change Innovator’
– We spend over $10, 000 annually on our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
– In addition we contribute $15, 000 annually with in-kind labour
-We have invested $40, 000 in rainwater tanks and plumbing over the past 10 years
– We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
– We have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this with our guests.