Short Property Description
Large backyard garden. I have fruit trees, vegie beds, bee hive and chooks. My house is in walking distance to shopping centre, bus, leisure centre and library. I have some internet access, and bedroom has shower and basin attached.
I volunteer in the Grovedale Community Garden (it has a Facebook page); in the Grovedale Community Orchard (also has a Facebook page); and buy and help with the Grovedale Veggie Box which supplies me with fresh, organic vegetables (also Facebook page). From all these places I learn more about how to sustainably garden and look after my chickens.
Guidelines for WWOOF Hosts offering Remote Work and Study Placements
- Provide a private and quiet space for WWOOFers to use to study or work in their free time.
- Provide access to reliable Internet (unrestricted or unlimited if possible).
- Have mobile phone access or opportunities for Wi-Fi calling access via Internet.
- Negotiate flexible WWOOFing times that will facilitate the study or work schedule of their WWOOFers in their free time.
- Keep the lines of communication open to discuss any issues that may arise with scheduled online meetings, classes or lectures and arrange WWOOFing around these scheduled times.
- Communicate prior to arranging a placement with a Host to ensure the Host understands the requirements of their course or work arrangements and agree on how this can be facilitated.
- Be prepared to negotiate their WWOOFing schedules to fit in with their Hosts needs and arrange their study/work times to fit their free time to the best of their ability, being sure to arrange with the host for any specific scheduled lecture/class/meeting times.
- Ensure they keep their work/study space clean and tidy.
- Ensure they make the agreed time available to spend volunteering as well as. helping with meal preparation and or clean up.
- Keep the lines of communication open and discuss any issues that may arise with scheduled online meetings, classes or lectures and arrange their WWOOFing times around these scheduled times.
Skills WWOOFers can learn here
Preferred length of Stay
Why I became a WWOOF Host
I like to grow and eat organic food. I have only been doing this for a few years, and I find I am still learning about ways to do this.
I would like to provide food and accommodation and company for a traveller who would like to join me for 3 hours work each day. You can get your own breakfast each day, and I will provide lunch and evening meal. I hope we can share the cooking, and if you have some special recipes, I hope you can show me, especially if you like to bake.
I have personal hotspot wifi, and can let you have up to 20 gb when you stay. If you want more, you can go to the library which is 10 minutes walk away.
I hope you will join me when I visit these places. Due to my sustainability policy, I want you to be careful with water usage and also electricity at night. I have solar panels so want electricity equipment to be used mostly during daylight hours.
I hope, when the weather is warm, that I can take you to the beach or bird watching.
Work and Study Remotely here
Work and Study Remotely here by arrangement