New Messaging system

Home Forums General Discussion about WWOOFing New Messaging system

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Lisa and Brad 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for the update on the email alerts….I missed the alert post buried in the general feedback on the website…so I don’t have any message conversations showing now.
    Appreciate if you can tell me how to access this? Ie) I don’t know which WWOOFERs have made contact, what I said or what I have asked of them. Is there an option to export these? Or is there a “read only” view option where I can transfer info across manually to the new WWOOF internal email system…..
    I don’t know how many hosts and WWOOFErs are aware that their conversations are not accessible.
    Many thanks Lisa

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

Guys – please let’s not be in a hurry to implement a new communication system the day before the office closes until 2 Jan!! I was anticipating if it was possible to get a notification to my external email system that would be the only change…eg along the lines of FB notification. I so was not expecting a major communication platform change. Crikey!!! I have no idea how I am going to manage this situation.

WWOOF Webmaster
    Keymaster

Lisa, there has been a popup on the messaging page for the last 4 days informing you of the changeover and requesting you save any important contacts to your favourites.

I know it was short notice, but we actually wanted to get it operational before the christmas break, as there were so many complaints about the other system.

All the notices stated that all messages would disappear, as it’s an entirely new system.

This will replace the current messaging system so please check all of your current conversations and mark anyone you are conversing with as a favorite, so you will be able to find them again.
    If you have any important information stored in your current messages, please make a note of this so you don’t lose it!

Sorry if you’ve lost information. We’re digging into the database now to see if we can extract anything. I shall keep you posted.

WWOOF Webmaster
    Keymaster

Lisa, i’ve private messaged you with the solution. I trust this helps.

Thanks

QT096
    Participant

I only go to the messaging page when there is a red “message” tab on my profile page because the “message” page is so slow to load.
    Does that mean wwoofers have lost all their contacts as well? We had someone who wanted to come here in January. I guess it’s fat chance of her remembering what was said.
    When you do major changes why can’t you do some sort of banner that makes us aware as soon as we login or hit a forum?
    Ann

Judy Barnet
    Participant

Hi, I also have lost my conversations including a message from a Wwoofer that wanted to come next year. Please advise if I am able to retrieve? Many Thanks, Judy Barnet

WWOOF Webmaster
    Keymaster

Judy, i’ve messaged you with a solution.

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

Can you do a tuturial on how to add multiple people to a msg. I can’t seem to get it to work. Tried – go to first person’s profile and send msg. then manually type name of 2nd woofer in the TO box….doesn’t send to both WWOOFers.
    Tried same again but with the 2nd WWOOFer external email address. Doesn’t send to both WOOFers. thanks Lisa

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

It would be great to have an auto lookup function in that TO box…as I need to run 2 WWOOF pages and click between them to find the 2nd WWOOFER’s name and then type it into the message. If there is some way to do similar FB using @ to start search function within that box that would be helpful. Thanks Lisa

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

How do I customise the in box? I want to remove the green banding of msgs. I find it too confusing as it looks as though I have marked them for some reason. Thanks! Lisa

WWOOF Webmaster
    Keymaster

@lisa to Message multiple Members, you need to use their exact USERNAME, not their normal name or property name.

The only sure way of finding their USERNAME, is to go to their Profile and look at the URL in the top bar … it’ll look something like this:

https://wwoof.com.au/members/wwoof1/… and wwoof1 is the USERNAME. I see no easier way to do it than this.

The green background color can’t be changed, it’s fixed. It’s just to differentiate between each message. New Messages are obviously BOLD and have a yellowish background.

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

Yep, got it. Have sent them a test msg and showing as successful with both their names appearing. Will be interesting to see if reply – responds to the group or just the sender. I am using it to introduce WWOOFErs arriving same day, so they are on same bus.

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

OK, seems starring some messages within a conversation and pressing delete…..deletes all messages and the conversation. EG) received 5 copies of a message – starred 4 and left original msg and 1 copy of the later msg. Pressed delete icon and whole conversation was erased. I’ll check now and see if I have the earlier email in my sent or go back to my external email to get their name. thanks Lisa and Brad

Lisa and Brad
    Participant

Nope – deletes the entire record – both sent and inbox.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest