Is anyone concerned parts of profiles are fully public?

Home Forums General Discussion about WWOOFing Is anyone concerned parts of profiles are fully public?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by WWOOF Australia Office 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

QT096
    Participant

Hi, I’m just found out our profile is listed on search engines. In fact, everyone including all wwoofers and all hosts have public profiles that are searchable on the web and can be viewed by nonmembers on the website. I’m not really sure about how I feel about this. I wish I had known before I wrote our profile and choose photos.

Maybe I’m overeacting but how to other wwoofers and hosts feel about their profiles being public? I know we haven’t had a lot of hosts jumping on board with map search and wonder if this could be the reason.

If you log out and view the website you’ll see what I’m talking about. Alternatively do a web search of your name/profile number and you’ll come up.

Ann

QT096
    Participant

I just found out the default is public but you can change some parts of your profile to private! Definitely worth exploring profile settings 🙂

All contact details are member only, other parts of your profile each have a visibility selection so you can choose what is private (only you can see it) what is member only and what is publicly visible.

There is a short video that shows how to change this setting for your Gallery too: https://wwoof.com.au/gallery-make-it-members-only/

cheers

Traci

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest