Dog Friendly Hosts

Home Forums Restricted Forums WWOOFers to WWOOFers Dog Friendly Hosts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sarah Harvey 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Sarah Harvey
    Participant

Hi fellow Wwoofers!

I’m having trouble finding suitable hosts as I travel with my dog and many hosts are not able to have dogs stay with them.
    If anyone has had a good experience with a dog friendly Wwoof host, please share! I will reply to this thread if/when I find dog friendly hosts too.

Cheers,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for posting this. WWOOFers do occasionally ask if it is possible for them to go WWOOFing with their dog. It is definitely possible. You’ve done the right thing on your profile page in posting beautiful pics of Maggie and describing her personality. Hosts will now be able to see and read about Maggie when they look at your profile. I guess most of them will be a bit cautious, though, because she’s a young, high energy, slightly unpredictable creature – not a mature, sedate, perfectly trained one.

There are several reasons why a host might not take a WWOOFer who has a dog, which I’m sure you understand. Many of our hosts have working dogs or house dogs on their property. Their dog may not like having another dog in their territory. Or they might love it and “go bush” with your dog, never to be seen again! Safety of children and of stock (chickens, ducks, sheep, goats, etc) may be another reason. Or, they might just not be “dog people”! (Unusual reason that one, I’m sure.)

I see that you’ve posted an advert in the “Hosts Wanted” forum. Have you had any response at all?

Good luck & let us know how you go!

Sarah Harvey
    Participant

Hi WWOOF team,

Thanks for your response and input. I totally understand hosts not always wanting dogs for all sorts of reasons and am patient to find a situation that fits for me and the host.

I was wondering if maybe on future updates of the website you might be able to make it so hosts can specify if they are pet friendly or not in the same way they can specify about children?

I have had a couple of responses as a result of my post on the forums so that’s been great!

Cheers,
    Sarah

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest