Take a Gap Year and find the real you!
WWOOF Australia – World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms – has been introducing Gap year Students to our varied hosts across Australia for 41 years.
Many people consider taking a Gap Year in order to gain new experiences and skills that will help support their education or early career. Simply put, a Gap Year is a constructive period of time spent away from your normal life, one that many people find to be a positive, life-changing experience.
The benefits of WWOOFing in your Gap year
WWOOFing fits the Budget! One of the most important aspects of any trip is to set and maintain a budget, and just because something is free does not mean it’s not worth doing! When you WWOOF, the basic agreement is that you volunteer 4-6 hours a day, 5 days a week in exchange for three meals a day and a place to sleep for 7 nights. This means you can have long periods of time where you are not spending large chunks of cash to merely survive in a place, allowing you to extend a trip while still maintaining a small budget!
Do keep in mind that you will need to pay the cost of arriving and departing your farm, as well as any side trips you want to take on your days off, or dinner and drink excursions you want to enjoy with your fellow WWOOFers in the nearest town.
What does a WWOOF membership get you?
- Instant access to a network of organic farms where visitors can live and learn in exchange for all meals, and accommodation.
- Unlimited farm visits and memorable experiences for 2 years!
- Farm reviews and ratings from other WWOOFers to assist in your choice of Host.
- WWOOF Notice board, where you can learn about immediate WWOOFing opportunities and connect with Hosts.
- Friendly & helpful in-person staff, available to answer your questions and share advice! We LOVE WWOOFing and talking to WWOOFers and Hosts!
- The opportunity to travel around Australia on a budget.
- WWOOF Australia comes with 41 years of experience.
- Gain new friendships for life.
- Learn, as you go and become job ready
- Live with real Australian families & experience their lives.
- Get off the tourist trail and experience some of Australia’s best-kept secret locations!