SCPA – South East Producers is a not-for-profit incorporated association based in the south east of NSW, Australia. It is registered as the Sapphire Coast Producers Association Inc. (since 1994) and has operated under the registered business name SCPA – South East Producers since 2011.
Our members’ farms, small holdings and backyard gardens yield a range of products including organic fruits and vegetables, poultry and eggs, native flowers, honey, beef, meat rabbits, goats and more. Other members produce tools and implements, processed foods, and crafts, or provide services that increase local self-reliance.
We share the belief that agriculture must be sustainable, and champion the local, small-scale agriculture scene through many activities including:
- co-ordinating SCPA Organics, a local organic certification scheme
- supporting Bega Valley Seedsavers
- publishing SCPA News each week to spread good and useful news
- running the weekly Bega Produce Market in Littleton Gardens, Bega
- creating a weekly Kitchen Gardener radio segment with the ABC
- supporting local trainers through SCPA Education
- developing the regional food economy through South East Food
Download the SCPA – South East Producers brochure here.
Coming Up Soon
- Permaculture Garden Open Days at Brogo Permaculture Gardens, 27 Jan, 16 Feb, 16 Mch, 6 Oct, 23 Nov, Brogo
- Backyard Veggie Gardening Workshop Series with Alison Walsh, Final session Sun 10 Feb, Moruya
- 4 Courses from Wynlen House, Braidwood
- SCPA EDUCATION Introduction to Permaculture, 23-24 Feb, 2-3 Nov,16-17 Nov, Brogo
- Natural Sequence Farming, 11-14 March, Mulloon
- SCPA EDUCATION Permaculture Design Course,16-18 April, Bermagui
The News Team
Editor: Carolyn Wells
Distribution: Harry Binnendijk
Concept & Contributor: Geoffrey Grigg
Email your news to email@example.com