Seeking host farm for kiwi couple

Home Forums Host Farm Wanted Seeking host farm for kiwi couple

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Carmel and Reiner Schmidt 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Sophie Jackson
    Participant

Hi there,
    My name is Sophie and I’m a food scientist from NZ. My partner is Steve, and we currently live in Rochester VIC. I was a dairy farm auditor and have background in meat and dairy processing. We are looking for a host farm to work on (long term) and maybe pass on some of our skills and knowledge. We would love to help out in all jobs. I grew up on a sheep and beef farm so can do most jobs under the sun, I love gardening and horticultural work, working animals and Steve my partner is a qualified pig and beef boner. We would like to start a Boer goat breeding and multispecies cheese making operation but are struggling to find rentals which allow goats and dogs and we cannot buy land just yet as we are unsure where will suit- we were living on King island until end Aug 2017 and NZ before that. We have a lovely maremma paired to our herd of 6.5 goats. I say 6.5 as ones only 4 weeks old! We have a love for all things food, charcuterie, cheese, bread, smoking fish and salami, to name a few. We are also not aftaid to work hard for you so we can have a new start in our Australian life

Bradley Foxlewin
    Participant

Hi Sophie and Steve,
    How urgently are you looking for a place to start your venture? I have a small house on my property which I am working on making suitable for full-time living, but which would not be ready for a few months. If you would be interested in helping with this process beforehand, this time could be reduced! I do have horses on my property, so it would be important for your dog to be ok with this. If you are interested, email me on foxlewin@aapt.net.au
    Bradley

Judy Barnet
    Participant

Hi Sophie. We have great goat country at Glenlyon, Qld if you are interested in our part of the world! We do have an Anglo Nubian Goat, 2 kids and a goatling as well as Large Black Pigs, Southdown Sheep, Shorthorn Cattle, dogs, cats and Poultry. Our website is http://www.blackbeautypigs.com.au You would have to check out the moving goat regulations as there are restrictions on moving goats in Australia due to Johnes Disease/Biosecurity. We have a spare cottage on our farm. If you are interested please feel free to contact me. Best Regards
    Judy

Hi we are living near Windsor NSW and have 30acres we have basic accomodation with a caravan which has air conditioning it is old but tidy. It is surrounded by a fenced area of a couple of acres about 300 metres from our main home which is a granny flat. We are also clearing 485 metres of river front and need some help with the Privett and lantana. We are currently breeding Boar Goats we have 6 we also have 18 sheep and 2 Alpacas looking after the sheep. We would be happy to let you stay here and be part of our home we are in a Granny Flat and We are planning to build our home later this year double storey with 2 bedroom guest Accom downstairs. We are a mature couple and just starting out on our farm, mostly for lifestyle change health and life balance. We plan on building an Aquaponics farm by March this year and grow organically. I have had Aquaponics in my surburban home and now with our large land want to grow fish and vegetables and become a teacher and show how easy you can intergrate the 2, and at the same time then grow the goats and the sheep and the fish.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest