Looking for a host April-May any region

Home Forums Host Farm Wanted Looking for a host April-May any region

This topic contains 16 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Tommy Welham 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Danielle Cooley
    Participant

I’m looking for a host. This is my first time applying for a wwoof host. I’ve never wwoofed before but I’ve helped my grandpa out on his farm. I’m looking forward to experiencing a new culture and a new lifestyle I’ll be available in march through may if anyone needs an extra set of hands. I’m interested in all types of work especially animal care

QT026
    Participant

Hi Danielle, if u are coming north look me up QT026 in wwoof book or web page
    http://www.bushcamp.net
    hope u find what u are looking for and thanks for being a wwoofer
    Wazza

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by QT026.

We are only looking for experienced horse riders at the moment.

Thanks

G’day Danielle, We are boutique garlic growers located 2.5 hours west of Brisbane, QG409. If you are interested in This type of farming and helping in the registered kitchen please contact us. All the best. Lois

John Lewis
    Participant

hi Daniell please call john on 0427788211 or Tracy on 0266845045 re wolfing in Byron/ Mullumbimby
    Cheers John

Vincent Melzak
    Participant

Hi Danielle,
    If you are in Victoria consider coming to the Great Ocean Road during autumn. Grey River is peaceful and beautiful. The work won’t be too demanding.
    regards,
    Vincent

Hi we would be happy to have you join us on our farm we have some gardening to do and we need help with setting up our Aquaponics system to grow fish and Veges for winter, the Aquaponics kit will arrive in about 2 weeks and we will have lots of fun setting it up. We are near Wisemans Ferry near Sydney on the Hawkesbury and MacDonald river you are welcome to come call us on 0245682116 or 04172183

Mark Stephens
    Participant

Hi Danielle, If you go to http://www.innermakeover.com.au
    you will see all about the retreat and what we do. We are only open part time so it is empty a lot with no other guests just my wife Linda and I. We are here at the moment for the next couple of weeks. The address is 671 Little Forest Rd Little Forest 2538 NSW. You can put that in Google maps. It is 2.5 – 3hrs south of Sydney and is spectacular. Best views on east Coast of Australia. You can easily get close by bus or (train and bus) and we can pick you up at nearest town which is Milton NSW if you do not have a car. Accommodation is motel rooms with ensuite shower and toilet. Not hard work, no heavy work and lot’s of variety. We are just about to redo our small vegie patch, re-do our herb garden, we have a small beautiful rainforest that needs some love and care and out miniature orchard needs some help. We have zen garden and plenty of other jobs to choose from. We are very flexible and relaxed, we meditate a lot and do Tai Chi etc. We are 100% organic and have mainly eaten organic for 30 years. We had some woofers two years ago and they came back staying twice. Once you get here you never want to leave. Fully equipped gym etc. You can call me if you like or send me a direct email. mark@thinkslim.com.au 0425 218 067 Linda and I look forward to hearing from you and having you join us at Little Forest Health Retreat. Thanks Mark & Linda

Hi Danielle , In case you have not found anything suitable yet: we live in South Australia, We do not know if and when South Australia is on your travel itenery however, you might like it here! Have a look at our profile and if you like our green oasis and have the time to come to South Australia, contact us. We are a German/Australian family living in South Australia for 35 Years. We speak German but with having usually non-German speaking guests/interns around conversations are mainly in English. We are mostly fairly booked out in advance with 2 or 3 helpers. We are currently booked out until August 2018 but due to a unexpected cancellation we have one vacancy from the 3rd of April as well . We prefer longer stays if we get along well with the helper. The minimum stay is 3 weeks, but many came for 3 weeks and stayed up to half a year. South Australia does not find much mentioning in many Australia guide books. We think this is great as not so many tourists overrun the beautiful scenery and beaches South Australia has to offer. We like the fact that we still have hidden treasures we can show our guests. We wish you safe travel, great adventures and kind hosts on your way.
    We have many reviews (https://we.tl/LVGIIQFOyG) through Helpx (http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostid=26874) but are relatively new to workaway Cheers Bernward for the Bucheler family
    Favourite Travellers16

Tessa & Scott Stow
    Participant

Hi Danielle,
    We live in North East Victoria, we are in need of some help with our animals on the farm. we have two calves to bottle feed twice a day, and I am training pups for Therapy dog and Assistance dog work and would love an extra hand in training them. If you are able to stay with us this would include coming to Melbourne with me once a week or fortnight for training. (no cost to you)
    You would have your own room in our home, and I am happy to cook meals for us. We have had many woofers stay with us for up to three months. We have a lot of native wildlife that you can see also.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Please feel free to give me a call on 0488 585 771 if you would like to ask any questions.
    Kindest Regards,
    Tessa and Scott Stow.

NI260
    Participant

hi if you are in nsw look us up . we have lots of animals,sheep ,cattle ,baby calve s to feed & turkeys ,dogs etc we have 1 or 2 wwoofers here at a time .let us no if interest .regards lindsay & cheryl

Hi Danielle, if you’re in Victoria, we’re on a beautiful farm, with crops, cows, sheep and horses and a large chicken shed with ducks, chickens, guinea fowl etc. We had two calves last week, a young pony that we’re breaking in and my two big horses. So there are plenty of animals! We grow organic grain, hay, beef and wool.

Hi Danielle,
    If you are still looking for a host April/May we are looking for help with our harvest of Pecan Nuts. We are on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW at Somersby 1 1/2 hours by train north of Sydney. WWOOFers have their own accommodation and eat all meals with the family. If you want to discuss it further please call 0418411915 or email pecan.farm@bigpond.com

Best regards
    Bob and Wilhelmina Hunt

Hi we are always looking for good Woofers so please check out our web page and get in touch if interrested

Piggy’s Herbs QU470 Just north of Cairns near Port Douglas.The herb growing season is under way and in these cooler months it is a great time for you to explore the north of Australia’s east coast. Fantastic beaches, swimming holes and rainforest.

Kate Holmes
    Participant

Hi Danielle,

We are on a 1.2 acre biodynamic farmlet in Victoria near Apollo Bay.

Feel free to get in touch on 5237 9252 if you are interested in visiting. My family, including two older teens / young adults, would be happy to host you. No prior experience necessary, but give us a call first to make sure a stay with us would suit you.

Kind regards and all the best.

Tommy Welham
    Participant

We are a young couple living on an intentional community in the Nymboida village 35km south of Grafton in Northern NSW (about 2 hrs sth of Byron Bay). We would love some help getting the initial setup don for our new market garden project Green Shovel Farm.

We can supervise most work and show you how to do things yourself. We will be setting up about 10 new beds, watering system, fencing and then planting and seeding the beds. Your work would be helping us with these jobs and maybe a few other things on the farm site. There could be some building coming up to get the work shed up soon as well. There’s also building on our new house/bus extension, some work on community projects and infrastructure, and feeding and hanging out with three goats, three dogs, two horses and a bunch of poultry.You can stay for between maybe 2-3 days to a few weeks or longer.

You will stay in our cute caravan and we will cook dinners and some lunches and provide food and kitchen for the other meals. There’s plenty of beautiful river, mountains, forest etc. around us to enjoy and we can take you into Grafton when we go a few times a week. There’s plenty of interesting people in the village and it is a mecca for whitewater and flatwater paddlers with the Nymboida Canoe Centre just down the road. Call Tommy or Georgia on 0467337318 or email tomus_27@hotmail.com.
    Hope to see you here! T.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest