Anyone need a hand? South QLD or North NSW

Home Forums Host Farm Wanted Anyone need a hand? South QLD or North NSW

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Andy and Virginie 6 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author

Jemma Winter
    Participant

We are a British couple Jemma & Amy and have unexpectedly found ourselves at a loose end for the next week and wondered if there are any hosts that might need some extra hands?

We are traveling down from Rockhampton towards Griffith (in our car) so if anyone is on our route give us a call/message!

We have all kinds of experience (it’s in our profile so I won’t bore you with it all here) are hard workers and keen to learn.

Look forward to hearing from you, Jemma & Amy

Hi Jemma and Amy,

We have a room at home for you.
    Our property is 1/2 hour West of Wyong NSW
    Phone us on 02 43761009 or have a look at our profile.
    Look up our Facebook page “Mossvale Angus Farm.
    Our animals are Docile and Friendly, easy to handle, they would
    be a great introduction and experience for you.
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards Tom and Sharon

WE NEED PEOPLE FROM JUNE 15TH ONWARDS

Lyn Caslick
    Participant

Hi Jemma and Amy.

We are near the beautiful Bunya Mountains near Kingaroy if you are passing this way I would appreciate a hand on the property fixing a few fences to keep are cattle from getting into the oats. There is a bit of gardening – mulching and stuff. We have sheep, cattle, dogs, chooks and horses. Love to hear from you otherwise have a great stay in Australia.
    Regards

Lyn – Kooloombah Stock Horses 0402 042733

Hi Guys
    Alison and I would love to host you both. Not sure that we could teach you any new dishes, maybe you could teach us maybe some from Myanmar?? We do do a few Asian dishes which you may like. No kids here but we do have lots of fun Alison is English and I am Kiwi so I am sure you will feel right at home.
    We have lovely accommodation with unlimited wifi so you can skype home etc. Work is not hard but is varied. If you would like to stay on your way South then the Sunshine Coast is a great place to stop. Really quite beautiful.
    Cheers
    Mark

If the rainforest valley we share (it’s a big multiple occupancy community)near Nimbin sounds good, we can always use help with gardening, weeding, weeding and weeding! Love to have you, just let us know…

Katie Mckid
    Participant

Hi,

wed love to have you!

check out our facebook group Outback MPM

We are a large sheep station managed by myself (also english) and my partner Katie, were young and friendly!

were mustering with bikes and sheep dogs, feeding sheep and doing general station work.

thx

Rob

Tommy Welham
    Participant

We are a young couple living on an intentional community in the Nymboida village 35km south of Grafton in Northern NSW (about 2 hrs sth of Byron Bay). We would love some help getting the initial setup don for our new market garden project Green Shovel Farm.

We will be setting up about 10 new beds, watering system, fencing and then planting and seeding the beds. Your work would be helping us with these jobs and maybe a few other things on the farm site. There could be some building coming up to get the work shed up soon as well. You can stay for between maybe 2-3 days to a few weeks.

You will stay in our cute caravan and we will cook dinners and some lunches and provide food and kitchen for the other meals. There’s plenty of beautiful river, mountains, forest etc. around us to enjoy and we can take you into Grafton when we go a few times a week. There’s plenty of interesting people in the village and it is a mecca for whitewater and flatwater paddlers with the Nymboida Canoe Centre just down the road. Call Tommy or Georgia on 0467337318 or email tomus_27@hotmail.com.
    Hope to see you here! T.

Gael & Pat Gray
    Participant

Hi
    Pat and I would be happy to host you. We would appreciate some help picking citrus fruit and gardening.
    There is always general farm & household work to do but the primary task at the moment is fruit picking.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Gael & Pat

Andy and Virginie
    Participant

Hi Guys,,looks like some great options posted. We are based in Hervey Bay…We new to this and building our own homestead life style, getting there so we also looking for help, advice or just chat about plans for future, based on your experiences……Food, my wife is Chinese so say no more there, except dont move too fast they cook it ha ha Anyway, see what you think, check out our profile as you may like to pop in for a day or two while heading south. All the best.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest