Mixed animal farm on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland

Home Forums General Discussion about WWOOFing Mixed animal farm on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ross Clarksmith & Fiona Cavanagh 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

We are a free-range pig and sheep family farm on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland. We’re about 1 & 1/2 hours drive inland from Cairns. We have had 25 piglets born last week and they are all running around under 700 mango trees (mangoes will be coming into season within the next month and you can eat as many as you like!) We also have horses, a dairy cow, chickens, 4 x working guardian dogs, guinea pigs, a cat and a pet dog. There is always someone to practice your English with or have a chat two as we have 4 children and we are a social, friendly family. We love teaching our children about different countries and culutures. Work is varied and light and includes feeding the animals daily (about 1 hour), fencing, transporting animals, painting and picking mangoes.
    Our WWOOFers enjoy 4-6 hours of work a day, however, we are flexible and you are welcome to take a day off to enjoy some of the local waterfalls and lakes or visit the Great Barrier Reef.
    You will have your own room with fan &/or air con, Wifi and eat farm grown produce including our own free range nitrate free ham and bacon, eggs, pork and lamb. We treat our WWOOFers as part of our family and enjoy a home-cooked meal together every night.
    If you would like to come and be part of our extended family we would love to hear from you. Please check out our facebook page for more info and what we are about at http://www.facebook.com/halcyonfields

Amaury ROUSSEL
    Participant

Hello,

I’d like to answer to your post from today. I think the description of your farm is wonderfull and I really enjoy the family spirit of your message.

Just to introduce myself : I was a student until now and I was studying “corporate social responsability”. Thus before to get a job I want to travel helping an ethical farm. I want to live that expĂ©rience in Australia because a lot of people tells me about the kindness of Australians.

So, if you agree, I’d delighted to start a conversation with you, to see if I can correspond to your farm and your family.

Hi Amaury,
    we would love to have you come and stay with us on our farm. Where are you from and when would you like to arrive? The closest airport is Cairns and we can pick you up from there.
    You can continue to message us here or if you prefer you can message us on our facebook page.
    We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Kind regards
    Ross and Fiona

I am Adeola King a Wwoofer from Nigeria. I really appreciate your kind gestures to have Wwoofer be your extended family and the description of your family, farm and accommodation fits into something I and my kids will love.
    I’ll love to be part of the family if granted the opportunity and have my kids have the privilege to enjoy a farm life. I’ll be looking forward to your response. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Adeola,
    yes we are able to have families.
    We have never had a Nigerian WWOOFer before. We would love to learn about your culture and would gladly show you how we raise our free range pigs and sheep and all the other things we are up to. When would you like to arrive? How old are your children?
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Kind regards,
    Ross and Fiona

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest