Looking for WWOOF host for English couple

Home Forums Host Farm Wanted Looking for WWOOF host for English couple

This topic contains 18 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Maryanne & Mark Phillips 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Alison Doidge
    Participant

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I have recently moved to Australia from the UK, and have since discovered WWOOF through some of our friends. We think it looks like a great way to travel, meet great people and see beautiful parts of the country.
    We are currently available throughout the whole of January. We’re particularly interested in Tasmania, however we are open to working in any part of the country. We are both friendly, respectful and hardworking, and my boyfriend has a lot of landscaping experiencing he can offer!

Please let us know if you have a vacancy, Thanks!

Alison

WE are certainly not Tasmania, but in Australia (eer south of Brisbane and just west of the tourist mecca of Byron Bay)

Check out our details and if it suits give me a message so we can discuss more of your needs

CHeers

Greg and Lyndy

HI Greg and Lyndy,

We are in Booral which is Hervey Bay and Fraser Island. We would be happy to host you either in January or other times that may suit you.
    Please email us at virtuefarm@bigpond.com
    Regards Heidi

SA431
    Participant

Hi guys
    You’re welcome to stay with us if you visit South Australia. let us know beforehand though.
    Cheers
    Marlene and Justin

Bradley Foxlewin
    Participant

Hi guys 🙂
    I am in rural NSW an hour from Canberra, a fair cry from Tassie but a if you’re interested in seeing rolling wheat fields, gorgeous little creeks and a lot of native birds, we’re highly recommended! Be great to have you to stay for a couple of weeks or even more in January. Email me at foxlewin@aapt.net.au
    Bradley

Hi we are living near Windsor NSW and have 30acres we have basic accomodation with a caravan which has air conditioning it is old but tidy. It is surrounded by a fenced area of a couple of acres about 300 metres from our main home which is a granny flat. We are also clearing 485 metres of river front and need some help with the Privett and lantana. We are currently breeding Boar Goats we have 6 we also have 18 sheep and 2 Alpacas looking after the sheep. We would be happy to let you stay here and be part of our home we are in a Granny Flat and We are planning to build our home later this year double storey with 2 bedroom guest Accom downstairs. We are a mature couple and just starting out on our farm, mostly for lifestyle change health and life balance. We plan on building an Aquaponics farm by March this year and grow organically. I have had Aquaponics in my surburban home and now with our large land want to grow fish and vegetables and become a teacher and show how easy you can intergrate the 2, and at the same time then grow the goats and the sheep and the fish.

Hi Alison,

you would be very welcome to stay with us in a new clean separate building with large air conditioned bedrooms, large living area and kitchen. We are picking and processing yummy mangoes and require a pair of extra hands. Our property is a long way from Tasmania, but it’s just as wild, just tropical.
    We usually pick mangoes a couple of hours before breakfast and then process them in air conditioned comfort. If you love wilderness, serenity and lots of wildlife this would suit you.

Veronica Martin
    Participant

Dear Alison,
    From now until 12 Feb I can welcome you to Magical Maleny in the green rolling hills, hinterland of the Sunshine Coast in South East Queensland just 40 mins from the all the beautiful beaches. This is a stunning area to visit, with spectacular scenery looking over the coastline and the Glass House Mountains. The weather is usually fantastic most of the time, the water is warm, perfect for swimming and everyone is very happy because they live in such a wonderful place.

You’ll love your accommodation in the “Pool House” and you’ll enjoy a variety of activities around our 7 acres property, helping to create and maintain this special place.

Then there is a whole rave about Maleny but more about that later if you are coming this way…

However, summer is the best time to be in Tassie so I do recommend you go there, it is really beautiful, small and quaint, very English so you will love it.

I will be in Hobart and the Huon Valley for a month Feb/March so I can find you a spot down there if you like. Let me know how you have gone with your plans so far and if you still need to get a place sorted.

Where have you been living since you arrived?

Regards Veronica

Alison Doidge
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your offers. George and I are currently making our way through your pages to try and sort our plans.

We’ll be in touch!

Hello Alison and George
    Do hope you find a great place in the area you are keen on. Tasmania would be great at this time of the year!Just a quick note to let you know where we are – We live on a sheep and cattle station near Longreach in Central Western Queensland and would be happy to talk to you about visiting this area later in the year – when the weather is not as hot as it is at present! – if you are interested. We have one station about 100 km from Longreach and the other about 10 km from Longreach when interested in the local attractions.
    Enjoy your January!
    Cheers
    Lyndel Owens

Hello Alison and George
    You’re most welcome to stay with us should you want to travel to Blackheath in the Blue Mountains of NSW. We are seeking two WWOOFers in March for two weeks initially and longer by arrangement. We are a couple who are passionate about Permaculture and sustainable living. We host only two helpers at any one time. Check out our listing.

Cheers
    Eva & Bill Johnstone

Hi Alison,
    What a lot of responses! We are on the south coast of NSW – truly beautiful spot, surrounded by national parks. If you would like to join us, we’d love to have you come and stay. Have a look at our posting and the extra info sheet for more information. Wherever you go, have a great time.
    All the best
    Fiona and Alan

hi. have a look at Bruny Island! we have just rejoined as hosts so plenty of vacancies. john and jenene

hi Alison and George,

you might want to consider Romsey, Vic 1 hour north of Melbourne. We can offer you a self contained cottage in exchange for help on our property with both gardening, building chook yards and landscaping.
    take a look at our profile and give us a call if you are interested.

louise

Clancy Farms
    Participant

Our farm is in Glen Innes, Northern NSW, great location. We are looking for Wwoofers to help with harvest and general farm work. Give Phil a call on 0429 44 22 11 or email phil@ausgoat.com . Clancy Farms is and Organic certified Farm and we have cattle, Goats, crop, and market garden.

Look at our profile, if you are interested any time in the future please contact us.
    Phil & Bettina

Sue Gray
    Participant

hi alison,

if you would like a few days in the adelaide hills on the way to tassie, we would welcome you here! gardening skills would be greatly appreciated and adelaide is an interesting city at this time of year! not far from beaches, wineries etc.

enjoy your travels!

sue and brian

Geraldine Cox
    Participant

Thought I’d add to the list, Alison! Ha ha

Just south of Sydney (via Picton) is Boobook. A small farm being landscaped for native regen & organic produce.

Head my way if you’re ever in the hood. I’m a recently retired Paramedic and need a hand.

Stay safe

Geraldine Cox

Jacqualine Travia
    Participant

We’re new Wwoofer hosts located in Gold Coast hinterland and looking for couples to help with new projects on the farm. Great little stand-alone, fully furnished, self contained cottage available. All dates at this stage are available if you’re passing through this area, let us know.

hi I am in Perth, western australia and would love to have you stay with us if you are looking to travel around wa.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest