Looking for a host Mar. 2nd- 8th in Victoria

Home Forums Host Farm Wanted Looking for a host Mar. 2nd- 8th in Victoria

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mike Borovich 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Mike Borovich
    Participant

I have many handyman skills or will do anything else if it is outside. I am a recently retired firefighter from the United States. I am coming to Australia to attend a 5 day seminar in Ferntree Gully on Mar. 11th but wanted to come out early to have some time to enjoy your beautiful country. I just learned about WWOOF last week and it looks like a great way to travel. I will need a place that I can get to from the Melbourne airport, then get over to Ferntree Gully. Let me know what you need and what you have to offer. Those host dates could be flexible a day or two either way, if need be. Thanks, I look forward to this experience !!

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Mike Borovich.

Hi Mike,

We’d definitely be interested in having you come stay. Check out our profile, we always have general veggie farm work but also have heaps of projects in mind that can use more skilled labour. If you let us know about your skills 😊 We’re close to Melbourne and Ferntree Gully is an easy train trip.

Cheers,
    Chloe of Somerset Heritage Produce

VG091
    Participant

Hello Mike.
    I live about 2 and 1/2 hours bus trip out of Melbourne in an old gold mining town.
    Surrounded by an iron bark forest, with a lake nearby and just a 1km trip to the main street for coffee or snacks.
    I am beginning to re establish my vegie zone, and would be appreciative of a little help out there. I have 2 cats but no outdoor animals right now. Possible we could take a trip to pick up some new hens while you are here.
    If you are interested, I would be happy to host you here.
    Cheers
    Annette
    VG091

Mike Borovich
    Participant

Hi Annette,
    Thank you for the invite, but I have already found a place that is closer to where I need to be for the rest of my travels !! If something comes up and it doesn’t work out I will get back to you.

Cheers,
    Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest