Looking for a Host in April that can accept dogs

Home Forums Host Farm Wanted Looking for a Host in April that can accept dogs

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Phoebe Knowles & Will Mulholland 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Sarah Harvey
    Participant

I’m just starting out as a WWOOFer and I’m looking for a WWOOFing location for April – flexible on dates and duration but preferably after the 8th. Ideally looking for northern NSW/Southern QLD.

The tricky bit is that I come with a 5 year old dog called Maggie. Maggie is a rescue, I suspect she is a kelpie/german shepherd/staffy mix. Sheโ€™s about the size of a cocker spaniel. She is very active and loves people. She is however, quite protective of me and her territory/things and we do have some issues with other dogs. This is something iโ€™m working on and we are going to see a dog behaviouralist at the end of the month to hopefully gain some insight into this behaviour and be able to remedy it. She is, however, fine when on a lead, has good recall and doesnโ€™t bark much and Iโ€™m hopeful that after seeing the dog behaviouralist there will be some improvement. She has not had a lot of exposure to farm animals but I believe will be easily trained to treat them with respect – especially those that are larger than her!!

We travel in our own campervan which means Maggie would not need to sleep in your home/buildings.

I understand that many hosts cannot accept a dog due to wildlife/their own dog/other reasons.

If this is not an issue for you and you are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking WWOOFer for April please read my profile and get in touch through this website or by email,

Cheers,
    Sarah

Sharon-Ann Sharman
    Participant

Hiya !!!

We sound like a great fit. As we have rescue dogs too, we can understand how things are for you and your girl ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you will consider our nutty life as a possibility for a visit. April works for us, as by then the wet weather should have eased and you won’t need gumboots as often ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a lovely day

Sharon

Shell Cartwright
    Participant

Hi mate,
    Our family is a dog loving family, currently without a dog, we had our girl for 14 years and have been dogless for the last couple of years. We keep dog sitting to get our fix and we have all been wildlife worriers in the local group here and regularly rehabilitate anything that needs a hand out here. We are patient and caring and understand that healing and trust can take time.
    It tells me a lot about you by you taking on Maggie and continuing to invest in her.
    My husband is a bit of a dog whisperer too, well animal whisperer really.
    I like that you have a camper as we have plenty of space, power and a well fenced yard but with young kids would prefer accomodation be external to the house for now. Perfect.
    We would be happy to have you for a week or 2 if you think you would like to see our area and explore the central Queensland coast area.
    Feel free to have a look at our profile and message me if your interested mate.
    All the best : – )

Sharon-Ann Sharman
      Participant

Hello,

I am completely baffled.

I think you sent this to the wrong person. I am a host and we have rescued dogs. We also accept travellers with dogs. our collection include a 15 year old shih tzu x maltese x jack russel. A 7 year old kelpie x smithfield cattle dog and a 7 year old pure shih tzu. All didn’t have great beginnings …

I hope you can clear up my puzzlement

Have a lovely evening

Sharon

Shell Cartwright
    Participant

Hi mate,
    Our family is a dog loving family, currently without a dog, we had our girl for 14 years and have been dogless for the last couple of years. We keep dog sitting to get our fix and we have all been wildlife worriers in the local group here and regularly rehabilitate anything that needs a hand out here. We are patient and caring and understand that healing and trust can take time.
    It tells me a lot about you by you taking on Maggie and continuing to invest in her.
    My husband is a bit of a dog whisperer too, well animal whisperer really.
    I like that you have a camper as we have plenty of space, power and a well fenced yard but with young kids would prefer accomodation be external to the house for now. Perfect.
    We would be happy to have you for a week or 2 if you think you would like to see our area and explore the central Queensland coast area.
    Feel free to have a look at our profile and message me if your interested mate.
    All the best : โ€“ )

Shell Cartwright
    Participant

Sorry! I think I replied to your reply instead of Sarah Harvey…apologies : – )

Hi Sarah, it could work with us. We do have guinea fowl and chickens, so Maggie would need to be on a lead near them at first, to see how she’d go. We’re in northern Victoria if our profile sounds interesting. Phoebe

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest