Reply To: things wwoofers say

Home Forums Restricted Forums Hosts to Hosts things wwoofers say Reply To: things wwoofers say

Interesting to read these posts which in hindsight we can laugh about.
We’ve just had three non starters, literally all arriving at the same time.
Their thoughts were that someone would be working with them all the time and that person would be teaching them permaculture like in a class setting.
One said to me that “we” are cheap labour, this was a new Wwoofer because all I have done is clean a gutter, help build a roof and done some weeding.
May answer was on two of those occasions you had one of our people working with you and the cleaning out of the gutters is important given we have just had some serious fires and the waste from the gutters goes directly onto the garden as an amazing mulch.
The roof building provides a water catchment which is our main aim given we have only 400 litres of water left onsite.
The weeding well he had to do that one on his own and managed about a meter before saying he wasn’t sure what else had to be done. We did have to re-do it. Again I had to explain to him that this is pick and drop mulching for the garden.
Again he/they didnt see how this was permaculture. I believe they thought it was all about the garden only and they they were at a school where they were going to be taught. I did explain that our profile clearly states that we are building a Permaculture Educational centre. They must have missed that.
Majority of our volunteers are great and invaluable with their friendships, information and help.

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Pin It on Pinterest